Monday, June 09, 2014

The Dark Stuff Podcast 109: Yo La Tengo

For episode 109, I am calling an audible. Originally, this was supposed to be a discussion on The Replacements reunion. However, on the scheduled recording night, Omaha was subjected to flash flooding, extreme storms, and tornadoes. So, obviously, we had to reschedule. In its place, I have found an interview with Ira Kaplan from indie legends, Yo La Tengo

This short interview was conducted live, on-air, during my radio show, New Day Rising. It was recorded Sunday, October 15, 2006, a week before Yo La Tengo's first ever Omaha concert. The interview had taken me by surprise, as I thought it had been cancelled. I didn't even bring my questions! I did the interview live on-air despite there being a strong prohibition against doing so at my station. 

At the time, Yo La Tengo was promoting its album, I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass. The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Sorry for the confusion about the episodes. All should be back to normal next week. 

 ©2014 The Dark Stuff Podcast

Download/subscribe through itunes.

Download/subscribe through Stitcher.

Download/subscribe through Spreaker.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Steel Panther LIVE at The Admiral, Omaha, NE 4/18/24 (PHOTO)

Caught the hair metal parody band, Steel Panther , last night at The Admiral. The show was okay. It was pretty funny at first, but the joke ...