Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Today's Must See Music Video: Buffalo Tom

From 1989, when I first heard them, until about 1995 or so, Buffalo Tom was among my favorite bands. BT's sound began as a cross between Hüsker Dü and Dinosaur Jr, and over the course of its career, an acoustic or folk element could be found as well. Records like Birdbrain and Let Me Come Over still rank among my favorites. By the late 90s, with its popularity shrinking, Buffalo Tom called it a day. The break-up lasted nearly a decade before the band returned with new music in 2007. The video I have posted today is for one of my favorite songs from Birdbrain called "Fortune Teller."
Buffalo Tom is on the verge of releasing another new record. It will be called Skins. I just found out that band leader Bill Janovitz has his own blog where he posts rare BT stuff that you likely won't find anywhere else. Recently, he posted some live recordings of Buffalo Tom with Grant Hart (Hüsker Dü). His twitter address is @billjanovitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Replacements @ Cabaret Metro '86 RSD Release + 'Mats Tribute Band (VIDEO)

As you've no doubt come to understand, this is the channel for your favorite Replacements related content. Naturally, I was all over th...