Friday, January 07, 2011

Katy Perry Is 2010's Biggest Artist

According to Soundscan, the #1 selling digital song of 2010 was Katy Perry's "California Gurls." The tune sold a rather remarkable - by 2010 standards - 4,398,212 copies in the US, and over 8 million worldwide. In an era where almost no one sells any records anymore, this is pretty impressive.

As you may or may not know, I have something of an unhealthy obsession with Katy Perry. It has little to do with her music (of which I own none).

4 comments:

Dusty,Hells most vocal Bitch said...

Isn't she considered a pop artist? I don't 'do' pop music. ;)

Dave Splash said...

I don't care what she's called. It's not her music that captures my interest...

Dusty,Hells most vocal Bitch said...

I realize that Dave. But she has shitty taste in men as her new hubby is fugly and always looks dirty. Do you have those qualities? ;p

Dave Splash said...

Like most celebrity marriages, this one will likely be short. I'll catch her on the rebound when she's looking for someone the exact opposite of Russel Brand!