Wednesday, September 10, 2008

System and Station TONIGHT at Waiting Room


Portland indie rockers System and Station will be performing in Omaha tonight over at The Waiting Room. The band is touring in support of its newest album, A Nation of Actors. In the interest of full disclosure, I will tell you that I have something of a personal connection to this band. Back in the 90s, when I owned an independent record label, I released the debut EP from these guys called Prospects of Living Daily. Things didn't exactly go well for the record, and the label folded shortly after its release. I haven't seen the band in over seven years, and in fact, only one member of the band from that time is still there. I played a couple of cuts from the new record on my show last week, and they were great. I can't wait to see them, and hope there is no residual tension.

Opening the show are two locals: fromanhole and Race For Titles. Tickets are $7 at the door. See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sun June and Wild Pink LIVE at Reverb 3/22/24 (PHOTOS)

Laura Colwell (pictured) and Sun June played a great set last night (3/22/24) at Reverb. This was my first time seeing the Texas indie band...