Friday, August 29, 2008

M.I.A. Changes Her Retirement Plans

Good news! Due to the current success of her single, "Paper Planes," M.I.A. has decided not to retire from music. She was recently interviewed by Entertainment Weekly, and in the interview she confessed that she was ready to quit music:
"Well, it [Bonaroo] was my last ever show. And it still is. I stopped touring after that and I didn’t want to make music again. I was quite happy to just leave it all behind. I was happy with what I had achieved. Now, with the success of 'Paper Planes,' there’s pull for me to make another record. Even my mum believes in me more [laughs]. It’s a nice encouragement. But I was planning my life as a fishing woman on the outskirts of Cambodia. That’s a joke."
As someone who did not discover M.I.A. through the trailer for Pineapple Express, I am glad to hear that Maya is not giving up on music. She is too original and too talented to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Replacements @ Cabaret Metro '86 RSD Release + 'Mats Tribute Band (VIDEO)

As you've no doubt come to understand, this is the channel for your favorite Replacements related content. Naturally, I was all over th...