Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Your Concert Dilemma For Tonight


There are two big shows happening in Omaha tonight, and both are in the same building. Fortunately, due to my arrangement with the promoters, I will be able to check out both. The show that most people in town want to see is Yeah Yeah Yeahs at Sokol Auditorium. I think Yeah Yeah Yeahs are a decent band, but highly overrated. Opening the show will be Blood on the Wall and Precious Metal. I know nothing about those two bands, except that Precious Metal is the "death metal" side project from Dapose of The Faint. Tickets are still available, and they are $24.

The show that I, personally, am more excited about is Murs. Murs will be playing tonight downstairs at Sokol Underground. Murs is a great, underground LA rapper. He is also 1/2 of Felt (a rap group that features Slug of Atmosphere). Murs is no gun-totin' gangsta rapper, he raps more about real life. He has called his stuff "sitcom rap." Well, the show is half the price (only $12), and opening the show are Supreeme and Articulate.

I will be spending a lot more time tonight downstairs checking out Murs than upstairs with Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I hope I'm not the only one at the downstairs show. Murs deserves a good crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steel Panther LIVE at The Admiral, Omaha, NE 4/18/24 (PHOTO)

Caught the hair metal parody band, Steel Panther , last night at The Admiral. The show was okay. It was pretty funny at first, but the joke ...