Thursday, March 23, 2006

My Concert-Going Debate

I'm having a tough time deciding if I am going to make it to the Two Gallants / Pink Mountaintops show tonight at Sokol. I like the Two Gallants a lot -- the new CD What The Toll Tells is excellent -- but I am feeling a little worn out from last night's Scout Niblett show.

Scout was excellent, by the way. Much less intoxicated than she was last time I saw her, but no less entertaining. Last night, she opened with The Cars' "Just What I Needed," and I swear the crowd did not recognize it! How fucking sad. I was standing with the promoters and Robb from Saddle Creek, and we were all amazed that the (very) young crowd didn't seem to realize she was playing a cover song. These young kids today -- no sense of musical history. A couple people recognized Scout's closing song -- "Sweet Leaf" by Black Sabbath -- but I think that many just thought it was another of her songs.

The crowd (about 80 people or so) was there mostly to see headliner Rainer Maria. I'm not a fan. I left the second Scout ended.
Like I said, I am still debating whether or not to go see Two Gallants. I saw them last year with Rogue Wave, and they were great. Decent guys. I partied a little bit with them after the show. Tickets for the show are $8, and it should be pretty crowded.

The fact that I am considering not going to the show means that I am truly getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raise Your Hands To Rock: Being a Kid in the 80s Metal Scene (Part One) (VIDEO)

Hello, friends, and welcome to the latest video. This week, I continue to mine the depths of my hair metal past with a series of collaborati...