Friday, March 31, 2006

Hey, Hipster...It's a Buzz Band Alert!


I guess tonight is the night I find out if all the hype has been worth it for the band Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. I got the CD sent to me for my radio show, and it's pretty good. But the over-the-top praise being laid on this band is a bit much.

Essentially, they sound like the Talking Heads. That's not a band thing at all. Talking Heads are among my favorite bands. CYHSY's singer is a dead ringer for David Byrne. But I can only really get into a couple of songs on the new CD.

Tonight the new "buzz band of the moment" will be playing at Sokol Underground. The show is sold out, and has been for a few weeks. This is almost unheard of for Underground shows.

NPR has a Clap Your Hands Say Yeah concert available for streaming on its website if you haven't heard anything by the band. I'll let you know about the show after it's over.


2 comments:

  1. I love Clap Your Hands!! Their CD is great, let us know how the concert was. I haven't seen them live before, but I imagine that they are pretty good live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were pretty good. Better than I was expecting, actually. The place was packed so I kind of camped out toward the back of the club. Decent show. They played lots of new stuff.

    ReplyDelete

REVIEW: Replacements @ Cabaret Metro '86 RSD Release + 'Mats Tribute Band (VIDEO)

As you've no doubt come to understand, this is the channel for your favorite Replacements related content. Naturally, I was all over th...