Friday, January 13, 2006

Song of the Day: Ghosty "Big Surrender"

I wanted to do a brief posting on a band I just started listening to called Ghosty. They are from nearby Lawrence, Kansas. To me, they kind of sound like the band XTC from its English Settlement era. They are playing in Omaha at Sokol Underground on Saturday, January 28. Ghosty plays with Eagle*Seagull and Claire De Lune. Tickets are only being sold at the door.

Ghosty's newest CD is called Grow Up Or Sleep In, and features a guest appearance from Wayne Coyne of The Flaming Lips.
Here is an mp3 of my favorite song from their new CD, "Big Surrender."

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. They do sound like XTC (which for me is a good thing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the band. I hope they are good live.

    ReplyDelete

Sun June and Wild Pink LIVE at Reverb 3/22/24 (PHOTOS)

Laura Colwell (pictured) and Sun June played a great set last night (3/22/24) at Reverb. This was my first time seeing the Texas indie band...